Monday, September 6, 2010

Zine update + news = 200th post!

Tribute To Labor Sculpture - Omaha, NE Photo by me!


Holy shit! I can't believe it, I have Labor Day off! I also had yesterday off as well, and this has allowed me to hang around the Crucial Changes HQ while rocking out so some new hardcore vinyl and getting some zine shit done. With the last zine update that I posted a while back I showed off the cover art ideas and etc., but up until this weekend I haven't taken much time to get the photo pages ready. I know I said I was going to have the new zine "ready by the end of the summer", but since the announcement of the Nebraska Hardcore Showcase later this month, I decided that I would use that show to unveil my new zine project to the public. I have my 2nd mock of the photo pages done and it's starting to look pretty good. Let's take a quick look at my progress to date:


All the vertical photos will be presented on the page like this. I have been having some trouble with some pixelation, but I should have at least 300pdi resolution photos on the page for the final design.


I decided that instead reformatting all the horizontal photos, I decided that they will be placed sideways like so. Now you can see all the detail.
The cover page is exactly the same as shown a few weeks ago, and I'm still trying to come up with a name for the project. A close friend suggested that it would be cool to just remain untitled. I'll have to think about it for a bit longer before whatever it is I decide to do.


In other blog news, I have been slacking BIG TIME with the local spotlights. I sent out an e-interview to a local band months ago and I've still been waiting. Yo bro's you reading this? Get that shit in! Moving along, there has been a nice surge or maybe I should say; I have been taking quite a bit of notice of the local noise and performance arts bands this summer. Expect to see a featurette of the all the local noise artists I've seen in the last few months soon! This summer has also been a small failure with getting other blog related ideas rolling. I still don't want to spoil any surprises so everyone is just going to have to wait until everything is ready. If you have been following the blog at all for anytime you are probably wondering what the fuck is even going on, but don't worry I haven't forgotten. Tomorrow I am picking up all the photos from all the shows I shot and I should have them uploaded in a day or two. I'm really excited to see how some of them are going to turn out. I recently broke my camera, and I'm kind of pissed about it. Technically it still works, but I don't know for how much longer. I may try another camera depending on how well it will work without a flash. It has a nifty built in light meter so I'll just have to drag it along and experiment a bit. If all else fails I have plenty of 120mm film to shoot with my holga.


Oh yeah, This is my 200th post on the blog. I don't know if I should congratulate myself or be worried, ha ha. So yeah here's to me for being so bad ass and keeping up with all this hardcore shit. *back pat back pat* Hopefully I can eclipse 50k page views in the near future. I have been waiting for that one for a while now. So yeah, if you like the blog, tell your friends, I refuse to advertise.

Thanks for the support, and as always; contributions are welcome. Yes, even from YOU!

Peace.

-Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment