Sunday, July 1, 2012

An open letter to the scene,


It has been brought to my attention that DIY shows have been shut down recently, not due to noise complaints,  overtly concerned neighbors afraid of groups of weird looking people milling about no, but because of underage drinking.  Listen, I am not your mother and  I couldn't care less if you smoke crack or stick needles into your dickhole, but when people attend shows I've wanted to see for weeks and they get shut down because you want to party... then we do have a problem.  To most it may not seem like a big deal, but to the people who are nice enough to host DIY shows in their own home and to keep the scene running,  it is a big deal.  Police are always looking for the smallest excuse to shut down DIY spaces, and without them the underground scene will basically dwindle.  A lot of the bands that I like around here already have fewer and fewer places to play as time goes on, so don't fuck up what little we do have.  If you can't comprehend the importance of this,  then I can't wait for  the day you to leave the scene for good.  Do your part, don't fuck it up.




-K

No comments:

Post a Comment